Habits are essential to our health. They can make or break your chances of achieving and maintaining our lifestyle goals such as sticking to an eating plan, exercising regularly, and managing diabetes/other medical conditions, along with increasing quality of life and promoting longevity.
But that’s not all.
Developing positive habits like eating healthily, exercising regularly and looking after your mind may be able to prevent excessive weight gain and support your energy levels.
- Hydrate yourself every morning – Water is essential for bodily functions like transporting nutrients to cells, regulating your temperature and lubricating the joints. A healthy habit that incorporates this is to make sure you drink a large glass of water every morning to set the day off right.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast every morning – Another way to start your day in a healthy way is by making sure to always eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. Some of the healthiest breakfast foods includes eggs, which are rich in protein, bananas for a low-calorie sweet alternative, yoghurt for a source of probiotics and porridge for a high fibre and protein option.
- Move your body throughout the day – It might sounds very simple, but modern-day living and the office job lifestyle can make frequent movement throughout the day much more difficult. Take stairs where possible to get the extra steps into your daily exercise or go for a walk, even 10 minutes a day has been seen to be effective in improving health.
- Pay attention to your posture – Poor posture has been linked to stress incontinence, constipation, heartburn and slowed digestion.
- Make sure to always get some rest – While regular exercise is a great habit to get into, so is regular rest.
Feeling inspired to try some of these positive lifestyle habits?
Take back control of your life and start your journey to developing these healthy habits today.
If you have any questions then don’t hesitate to contact our health care professional.
We are here to help!
To book an appointment please contact us on📞 0207 838 6180 or visit: www.cpmedicalclinic.com